Sunday 9 March 2014

An afternoon video

Good afternoon folks! Do enjoy the video I made with Malcolm (the dude on your left) below! :D



HAHAHHAA SO HOW WAS IT? :)
As much as it was embarassing for both of us, it was a crazy & fun process :D
And hopefully it made you smile ;)

The process of making this video is rather straightforward and simple. Perhaps cause it's a really simple video, as you can see. HEHE.

STEPS
  1. Using my digital camera and the help of my bro, Sheng-he, we placed it on top of a biscuit box.
  2. Adjust the camera such that the screen fits Malcolm and I nicely
  3. Press START!!
  4. filming in process
  5. Press STOP!!
  6. Transfer the video from my camera to my laptop
  7. Open WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER and upload the video there
  8. Add in a part for the Title
  9. Add in a part for the Credits
  10. Upload a piece of music from my laptop onto the WMM
  11. Adjust the volume to make sure the music does not overpower our voices
  12. Review the video a few times to ensure that it is smooth!
  13. SAVE PROJECT AS ______ so that I can re-edit it if needed
  14. SAVE MOVIE AS ______ so that I can permanently convert it to an actual MP4 video which can be posted on sites like Youtube
  15. Log in to Youtube and upload the video. Fill in the necessary details such as the title of the video, tags, and category it belongs to.
  16. Preview the video on Youtube to ensure that it streams smoothly! :)
  17. Last but not least, I embedded it on my blog right here! :)

CHALLENGES
  1. MAL'S FACE WAS CROPPED OUT OF THE SCREEN after I saved it permanently as a MP4 video =.=
  2. I couldn't find a way to make the volume of the music louder initially and then let it fade out afterwards :(
  3. The camera I used occasionally went out of focus on its own.

THINGS I WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY FOR FUTURE VIDEOS
  1. Provide more headroom during video taking. In other words, place the video further away from the subjects. This would ensure that a similar problem like cropping Malcolm's head away would not occur again! :)
  2. Go to a quieter place to film. Since I would be placing the camera further away, and we cannot possibly speak much louder or that would sound like shouting, the next best option to ensure clear recording of our voices would be to film in a quieter environment.

So yep, I appreciate this chance to do this video and learn about areas I am unsure of! :D
Shall work on them.
TATA~

No comments:

Post a Comment